The consideration of climate change mitigation and adaptation into business models and value chains becomes increasingly important if not indispensable for many sectors of the real economy as well as the financial sector. As a first step and starting point, financial institutions, businesses, but also municipalities and territories need to know and understand their carbon footprint. Climate change implies so-called transitional and physical risks that require consideration, quantification and mitigation. Last but not least, climate change may also create new opportunities. MACS supports its clients with respective services around the climate topic:
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) Accounting for financial institutions, municipalities, businesses, organisations and projects
- Support in the non-financisl reporting according to the Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFRD) and/or the Sustainable Financie Disclosure Regulation (SFDR)
- Determination of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for NFRD and SFRD disclosures, including the Taxonomy alignment as well as physical and tansitional climate risk.
- Identification of opportunities for crbon crediting and development of the respective documentation for voluntary and regulated standards
- Analysis of National Determined Contributions (NDCs)
- IT Systems and software for climate impact and risks